Sunday 22 February 2009

Walkers Picks a Marketing Winner



Very interesting watching the Walkers promotion unfold over the last few weeks. First the entries to nominate a flavour (I entered sausage and mash, then fish and chips, one of the final picks), getting me exploring their website and becoming immersed in the brand. Then the mock up of the 6 finalists complete with x-factor style free text voting alongside ads, leaflets and online interactivity. The execution of the new flavours hasn't been great. I've tried 4 of the new flavours and they're all revolting. Wouldn't vote for any of them. But it made me buy 4 packets of crisps this weekend, the first time this year following my self-enforced diet and exercise regime. I'd buy shares in Walkers' owners Pepsico now.

No comments:

Post a Comment